Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR receiver demodulation method (demodulate at 38 kHz) for ambient light immunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxima_diesel

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, Can any of you guys help me create a circuit for an infrared reciever that is demodulated at a specific frequency say at 38 kHz? I want to create an IR sensor that is similar to the pre-made 3-pin sensors available today like: **broken link removed**. I am not using the pre-made ones because almost all of the pre-made 3-pin sensors available have a digital output and I need one with an analogue output. I am wondering if a possible approach would be using an LM587 chip to demodulate the received pulses at a specific frequency?? I am not sure whether I would need to make a filter for the output of the IR sensor as well? any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

Use a bandpass filter at 38 kHz to filter the on state

Use a bandpass filter at 38 kHz to filter the on state

ok, can you elaborate on that?? atm, i connected the ir sensor to an amplifier and then the output from the amplifier is connected to the lm567 chip for demodulation. I used the setup similar to this website : IR Remote Control - Electronic Projects - www.wimb.net i created the lm567 circuit shown on the right side in the diagram and I am not sure how to measure if the frequency it's demodulating is at 38kHz. Also in my setup where would I put the bandpass filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.