Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

iPhone (ipad, ipod) as a small power source, possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyctsiu

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all, I am considering making a device which work with iphone/ipad/ipod touch. it is possible for that device to pick up power from iphone, what is the power limit?

Dear all, I am considering making a device which work with iphone/ipad/ipod touch. it is possible for that device to pick up power from iphone, what is the power limit?
That purely depends on that "device" of yours about what voltage it works? Ipod/ Ipad usually will have 3.6 to 4volts of Li-ion batteries inside and the current will be limited to the consumption of the ipod. First decide what current your "Device" need @ what voltage?

The device that I am using will take 40mA @ 3.3V..

It can, but you have to decide how to obtain that power from the battery, as in with what kind of connector or such?

Thanks for your answer.

I think I will use the same kind of the connector which is connected to the bottom of the iPhone. I believe there are some pins where I can obtain battery power source from.

Thanks for your answer.**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**I think I will use the same kind of the connector which is connected to the bottom of the iPhone. I believe there are some pins where I can obtain battery power source from.

It can, but you have to decide how to obtain that power from the battery, as in with what kind of connector or such?

The device that I am using will take 40mA @ 3.3V..
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back