Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Invertor for controling AC motors

Status
Not open for further replies.

vishy71

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I have an AC motor which I wanna control it's speed with Invertor.this device gets analog voltage from 0 to 5v or 0 to 10v.Can I use PWM instead analoge voltage?without RC fillter.

thanks

Hi

I have an AC motor which I wanna control it's speed with Invertor.this device gets analog voltage from 0 to 5v or 0 to 10v.Can I use PWM instead analoge voltage?without RC fillter.

thanks

Maybe you can't. It really depends on the inverter. But if you're going to use PWM, you might as well add the RC filter or a DAC. It won't hurt to add it and you can be sure it'll work as required. After all, all you need are a resistor and a capacitor (or inductor and capacitor).

---------- Post added at 18:40 ---------- Previous post was at 18:38 ----------

With PWM, you may have problems, since the output will be 5V for some time and 0 for the rest. And the inverter might detect the voltage as alternating 5V and 0V (and not the average voltage), you won't be able to control the motor.

Reactions: vishy71

vishy71

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thanks.

but can you say what resistor and capacitor must be used?

I don't wanna use DAC.

You might use the tool here:
**broken link removed**

What frequency PWM are you using?

You can try with 10kΩ (or 1kΩ) and 0.1µF. Then you can use trial and error.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

vishy71

tanks.

I must use 270ohm and .1uf .

are you sure it will be answer?

Try it out and see. You can use trial and error to improve the output. One thing you can do is that, you can add a voltage follower (analogue buffer) at the output of the RC filter.

You haven't said what frequency you're using.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

vishy71

6000Hz or 8000Hz

how can I use voltage follower?

I tried PWM without using any RC filter!

it works but you must connect a resistor between youre inverter ground and voltage pin because of noises which have voltages and they will effect on youre voltage and the motor will orbit in max speed.

thanks for youre helps.

I tried PWM without using any RC filter!

it works but you must connect a resistor between youre inverter ground and voltage pin because of noises which have voltages and they will effect on youre voltage and the motor will orbit in max speed.

thanks for youre helps.

Hello Vishy71,
Please publish the circuit diagram.

Status
Not open for further replies.