Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inverter project 16f877A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daham

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am working on inverter project. I use 16f877A and its one port pin outputs square pulses.
I want to these pulses to split (+5 and -5). How realize that?
I am using mikroc.
Please help me.

you cannot out -5 volt from pic pin

Hi,

You may use uC output to drive transistors; then switch split-supply by transistors.
Hope this helps to develop your circuit.

Or use rail to rail op-amp then you can get +5 and-5v but why do you need -5v for inverter?

Thank u for reply.
I changed my circuit, PNP to NPN.
This is my inverter circuit diagram.
How calculate R4 and R5 values?

With your diagram i dont think you need any negative voltage,

Hi,

Simple way is simulate the whole circuit (also with load connected); and adjust resistor values to work Transistors within their limits.

Thank you,

In your diagram above R3 and R4 has 100ohms resistor which enable small amount of current to flow through collector,they should be change to a very low value may be 0.1ohms.

---------- Post added at 12:54 ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 ----------

Also to calculate for the value of R4 and R5,you have to sellect a suitable gain of the transistor say Beta=40 then transistor IC then you can find you ib,since you know you voltage to the base Vb, you can find Rb.

Reactions: Daham

Daham

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.