Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing xilinx cpld with pic microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

cages

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a control circuit design and I want to have a bus btween a pic18lf2321 3.3v powered and a xilinx xc9572 xl 3.3v device.

The Xilinx device will interface directly with 3.3v cmos devices (from data sheet)

but am not sure about the pic the io are Digital level output and have ttl input buffers and there is no clear information about interfacing with cmos IC's

this is the first actual circuit board I am designing so any tips on chosing parts that can interface will be helpful

cages.

cages said:
there is no clear information about interfacing with cmos IC's
You can connect cmos ouputs to ttl inputs directly. TTL input buffer means, that pic will read logical 1, if the voltage on the pin is higher than 0.25*VDD+0.8V (in your case 1.6V), and will read logical 0, if the input voltage is below 0.15*VDD (in your case 0,5V).

Thanks for the reply have found the relevent data in the data sheets
and I am able to connect both devices together.

cages

Status
Not open for further replies.