Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[AVR] Interfacing External ADC with xmega microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

DivyaKrishnappa

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi...

I am trying to interface ADS1242ipwt with xmega microcontroller.. Could you please help me to solve the problem I am facing in it. I am not able to read the ADC values. Tell me how to use WREG and RREG to write and read the ADC register. Is it compulsory to use these commands to initialize ADC with SETUP, MUX, ACR Registers of ADC..? Awaiting for your response..

Xmega contains fast and 12bit ADCs. why do you want to use external ADC?
and one more thing. this forum is more usable for PIC fans. a few people use avr here. I suggest you to visit avrfreeks for your issue.

Hi Milan,

Please find the attachment below of ADS1242 datasheet and give me the solution. Because of the larger resolution, we are using external ADC.

Attachments

• ads1242ipwt.pdf
    761.5 KB · Views: 83

Mention which XMEGA chip you are using and also Crystal frequency. What are you measuring with ADC? How many channels of ADC are you using? Provide circuit in Proteus, .png or PDF format.

We are using Xmega128a1u microcontroller and 5MHz crystal for ADC. We are using only one channel. AN0 and AN1 channels are connected to circuit. Purpose is to measure the weight..

I asked Crystal freq of XMega. Are you interfacing Load Cell to ADC? Which Compiler are you using? Provide circuit.

Last edited:

Crystal frequency of XMega is 16MHz. Yes, we are interfacing Load cell to ADC and one channel has to be used. So AN1, AN0 connections are taken. Purpose is to measure weight with larger resolution. Compiler is AVRISP MKII..

Status
Not open for further replies.