Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing condenser mic with microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

dev_shr

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anyone please tell me how to interface a condenser mic with AT89c52. i want to activate some device with the help of clap. for example if i clap once, device 1 gets activated, if i clap twice, device 2 gets activated and so on. i just need to know how input is fed to microcontroller from mic and the rest i can do. please anyone if knows help me !!!!!!

The signal from MIC has to be amplified and cleaned from unwanted noises, so you can consider a circuit consisting of a mic pre-amplifier followed by a pulse generator based on 555-timer ..
Have a look at the attached circuit ..

It’s from this website:
**broken link removed**
You have to replace 741 opamp with one that can work with 5V dc and use 5V as the supply for the whole circuit.
Then, forget about IC3 and the relay (K1) and feed the signal from pin3 (555-timer) to one of the interrupt inputs of the 89C52 ..

:wink:
IanP

Attachments

• clap-controlled-electronic-switch-by-555-timer2.JPG
    clap-controlled-electronic-switch-by-555-timer2.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 112

Status
Not open for further replies.