Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing 16 bit LVDS data to computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

andbe

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

First of all, I hope this is in the correct forum section.
We have a problem that I hope someone could help us with. We have a unit streaming out a 16 bit number using 16 LVDS channels at a rate of 180 MHz. The connector is a 68 pin VHDIC. Together with the data a clock signal is sent.

I would like to interface two of these to a computer, do some DSP and calculations, and then save the result on the computer.
Does anyone know of a more or less existing solution for this? I'm thinking if there is e.g. a graphics card with a VHDIC, DVI or similar input that could read the data, then do the DSP via e.g. CUDA, and finally store the data.

I would rather like to work with something commercial available, than doing something homebuilt, if possible.

Any suggestions are more than welcome. Thank you!

Best regards,
Andreas

Last edited:

I'm not aware of a standard interface using 16-bit parallel LVDS data, except for Ultra-xxx SCSI. The VHDIC connector has been designed for this interface, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back