Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interface Scanner sensor to PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

llbuenoo

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am willing to interface a Contact Image Sensor (CIS) from an old HP scanner to a microcontroller, but I can't find any information on the sensor interface that could help me.

The sensor is a DL521-18. I managed to find that it is manufactured by Lite-On, but the website has no information, such as datasheets or pinouts of the module.

Has anyone tried this before or can lend me a hand?

How are you going to use the contact sensor...that is..what system,using the sensor and micro-controller together,are you trying to build?
For now, I would suggest you to find out Vcc and ground pin(s) on the sensor,using multimeter...

I can think on a lot of projects for this sensor.

Just as examples:
As a more sophisticated guidance sensor for a mobile robot for follow a route on the floor.
A system to measure the dimensions of an object located in contact with the sensor, through the optical information.
Color identification of objects in contact with the sensor.

I will try to identify the pins using a scope. If I had the datasheet of the sensor, it would be a lot easier.

Does anyone have that datasheet?

This is all the information about the sensor,which I could find on google....no datasheets could be found
**broken link removed**

Hi llbuenoo ,
if you found a way to interface the contact image sensor with the PIC,please tell me how.
Thank you :).

Hi this is the datasheet. CIS sensor produced by Amis. By the way never forget american mark printer (HP) mostly use american products for their printers or other hardwares. Japan marks mostly use japan products for their printers, laptops or so. For example Canon, Epson, brother printers Cis sensors generally uses Rohm Cis sensors. Lcd`s Sharp, Rohm or so.

https://www.alldatasheet.com/view.jsp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back