Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interface isolated speaker and microphone to industrial intercommunicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarebyte

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have an industrial intercommunicator, that have a micro/speaker in one device. When the talk switch (see image) is closed it acts as phone when is open as speaker. I want to connect it to separated microphone and speaker, also use 2 new switch and new potentiometer? what device is best suited for this task? maybe a conmutator that change speaker-phone when the new switch talk changes? There could be a problem with the impedances?
I have no problems connecting the new 2 switchs, I can connect it in parallel, but how connect the new potentiometer without remove the one in the intercommunicator?

The intercommunicator is Atkinson Dynamics brand.

Thanks.

It's quite common for an intercom to use switching to make the speaker function as a speaker or a microphone.
You'd have to trace the wiring onto the board, to figure out what to do if you permanently want to use a separate
mic and speaker.
But why would you want to do this? Just curious. You're not going to be able to talk and listen at the same
time if you do that (doubling up on speakers doesn't double up on the rest of the circuitry).

It's quite common for an intercom to use switching to make the speaker function as a speaker or a microphone.
You'd have to trace the wiring onto the board, to figure out what to do if you permanently want to use a separate
mic and speaker.
But why would you want to do this? Just curious. You're not going to be able to talk and listen at the same
time if you do that (doubling up on speakers doesn't double up on the rest of the circuitry).

No I just want to duplicate the signals to external mic and speaker.
Now the problem is that in the intercommunicator are 2 wires, black and white, both go to the mic/speaker. No other wires go from the circuitery to the mic/speaker. I thought white was +audio and black ground.
But exist continuity between them :S . That is ok??

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back