Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interface for Motorola and PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeck_bad

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have question?

can pic connected to motorola for it interface like PIA68B21 connected to PIC.

Re: motorola and pic

Hello,

What is "PIA68B21"?

Bye

If your PIC has at least 12 (or more) available pins than the answer is YES - you can, but who will wasts 12 (or more) pins to operate 2 -8-bit ports???
PIC architecture is not design to operate with these PIAs (8255 or 6821) and if you need to expand number of DIOs go for I2C port expanders which require only SCL and SDA (2 pins) and maybe a couple of address lines - if you connect more than one expander - example: PCF8574 ( https://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/print/pcf8574a.html ) ..

Regards,
IanP

motorola and pic

actually i want to design ic tester using PIC16f877 and interfece with 4x4 keypad, lcd and PIA6821 as interface with ic under test on ZIF socket. but the problem when interface with PIA and PIC.

Hi, I did not know the PIA68B21 was still available it must be over 30 years old by now :)... Better use a bigger PIC chip with more I/O .

Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back