Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interconnect length estimation and modelling??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resistance

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to know whether its possible to estimate interconnect lengths and their corresponding RC values with just the final netlist(after synthesis) before place and route??
I know it would be approx but is it possible??

Any tools starting from Asic tools to tools in spice ? any way to do it.???

Answers with references are welcome..

Regards.

is it possible to estimate interconnect length approx before P&R ? it may not be possible coz,assume that if 2 cells has to pass some signal (rather communicate). if your cells are not placed , how can v find the relative distance between them . thus interconnect length estimation may not be possible.

correct me if i am wrong

Hi nav_vlsi,

Actually I know that but wat I want to do is estimate approx the interconnect length even before p&r..
Jus by the hierarchy of the design or by the area occupied each module within the top module can we come with a rough idea of the interconnect length is my Q?

regards.

Resistance,

Even with area of modules known, you cannot estimate wirelengths since at a minimum you need to know relative placements of these blocks. You will not be better off than a wireload model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back