Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Integrated voltage-mode controlled dc-dc buck converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabascorez

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I have the following circuit which was designed in AMI0.5 um process which needs to be converted to TSMC 0.35um process for simulation on cadence. Can somebody please tell me how to calculate the transistor sizes in order to have a correct operation?

Parameters: Vin=3.7V, Vout=1.8V, load current=300mA, switching frequency=1MHz

dc-dc.jpg

Thanks

Hi there,
I'm working on buck converter. I have got confused for differences between open loop and closed loop buck converter. I designed open loop converter.I have been considering a lot of parameters and trades of between them, such as output voltage ripple, inductor current ripple, switching frequency, load current,and like them. I have been spending much time on open loop buck converter, but for example, I can't have a good specific converter. Is it due to design closed loop? Am I right?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks a lot in advance,
Ebi,

- - - Updated - - -

Hi there,
you can divide your buck converer in two part: power stage and output filter. At first, simulate your power stage and when you make sure that is reasonable, simulate output stage and power stage together. For designing your transistors, you need calculate the w/l ratio of them when they worked in boundary of linear and saturation area.
Ebi

Yes, this is the problem, how to calculate the w/l ratio! Which technology are you using for your design?

TSMC 0.35um

Reactions: TK2014

TK2014

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
So have you already designed your error amplifier?

I have been designing.

Is it working? Maybe we can work on it together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back