Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Instance length does not fit the given lmax-lmin

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherryic

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
does not fit the given lmax-lmin

Hi all,

I need to use some PMOSFETs which have a length of 40u, but in the .scs file provided by TSMC, the length can not be larger than 20u, so I modify the lmax=20u to 50u in the file. But, when I simulate the circuit in Spectre it still says: “IXX.MXXX: Instance length or width does not fit the given lmax-lmin or wmax-wmin range for any model in the ‘pch’ group”, what should I do to solve this problem? Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Terry

spice model lmax lmin

Can someone help me?

spectre lmax-lmin or wmax-wmin

Hi cherryic,you can use m(multiplier) together with w to represent your width,
say m=4 w=10u to represent w=40u.You should not modify the model.

error & hspice lmax/lmin range

cherryic said:
Hi all,

I need to use some PMOSFETs which have a length of 40u, but in the .scs file provided by TSMC, the length can not be larger than 20u, so I modify the lmax=20u to 50u in the file. But, when I simulate the circuit in Spectre it still says: “IXX.MXXX: Instance length or width does not fit the given lmax-lmin or wmax-wmin range for any model in the ‘pch’ group”, what should I do to solve this problem? Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Terry

Are u using binning model? If yes, pls make sure u change the correct bin. There will be a few bins inside with L=20u.

lmax/lmin hspice

Hi,

1. Which Process/foundry?

2.Its normally not recommended to edit model library.

3. If you are doing it for trail purpose then quick solution would be :- remove the Wmin,Wmax & lmin, Lmax value from the model card. This will make spice to simulate the MOS with W & L values given in MOS instantiation. (U should not be doing this if u r sending u r design 2 fab)

4. if u r using foundry library then, MOS devices will be grouped in bins(somthing lik th 1 in FFT :) , Grouping based on min, max W & L). Make sure both W & L u use MOS instantiation falls into any 1 of this bins(normally there will b 12 bins for each mos). Error will be reported if spice is not able put the mos in any bin. This may happen becoz of W r L

5. If u r process don't support u r L directly thn go for alternate configuration( 2 devices D G SD G S ( but i never used this :)

Hope this helps.

Thanx,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back