Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

input pulse for gate driver of h-bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

farhang_760

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I cant understand whats the usage of flip-flop ic like 4013 before the gate drives for generate pwm pulses?
H_Bridge_Switch_V6.GIF
is it false if we want to run motor in one direction just switch on half-bridge and left the other? or we should switch both of them with different duty cycle?
please help me how can i do to switch an h-bridge gate driver with one PWM signal?

'B' is ground, 'A' is the only switching signal source. True, you could just invert 'A' to drive the other half of the bridge, the flip-flop does it a different way by ensuring only one or the other side of the bridge is turned on. Note there is no dead band generator in that circuit so use it with caution, especially at higher frequencies.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.