Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Input and output matching of Gilbert Mixer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foufou

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi every body, I would like to ask a question about the gilbert mixer, I have red some articles about the design of the gilbert mixer in RF and the authors are always interested in the input matching (50 ohm) of this circuit and they don’t talk about the output matching , can any one explain me this point,
thinks

Gilbert Mixer help

Hi
as I know output matching is as important as input matching.
regards

Re: Gilbert Mixer help

hi,

Mixer output always goes to a LC filter(ideally non resistive), so output matching in most applications is not required. AS per maximum power transfer theorem, filter always tries to transfer all power from mixer output. The cases where other circuit is available after mixer output, there output matching will be required.

Re: Gilbert Mixer help

at some documents(books and papers) mentioned that the output impedance of mixer have to be matched to 500 ohm(i.e the input impedance of if filter)

Did you find this post helpful? Click

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back