Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Input and output excitation current in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeeshan143

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys,
I want to ask, can we give excitation current in HFSS like as we give it in Maxwell (input excitation current and output excitation current)....

I do have a model I want to give current in the input and output (please help me out)

Thanks
123321.PNG

It makes little sense, because you don't have ideal current sources at RF frequencies. But it's easy to calculate the response to a current source connected to a port by using the port impedance.
--- Updated ---

More generally, the default Sxx two port description can be translated to any form of your choice, e.g. transimpedance.

Last edited:

It makes little sense, because you don't have ideal current sources at RF frequencies. But it's easy to calculate the response to a current source connected to a port by using the port impedance.
--- Updated ---

More generally, the default Sxx two port description can be translated to any form of your choice, e.g. transimpedance.
Hello, You are right, I am not good om RF side, I am working in MAXWELL for WPT Systems... My Question is simple, as in Ansys Maxwell, we give input excitation current for example 100A and same as on the output 100A.
can we do the same procedure in HFSS.... if yes then please guide me... your help will be appreciated.

Which response are you looking at?
Hay .... look at to the Picture, there is two ports, one we can use for input and the other we use for output MAXWELL,.
we give excitation current on one port or pin as an input current and on the other Pin or port, we give output current as an excitation as in Maxwell.
My question here is that, is that kind of process is possible in HFSS or (In HFSS, we give a rectangular sheet and connect both PIn with each other and then give the excitation current).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back