Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

InfraRed With PC Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdaslam2006

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello to all

i am looking for a infrared security device

like we see the counting system and in the doors will automatically open when person is entering so that i can install int he system if anyperson comes infront of the system so that i can write the program to execute another application
or give the messgae to move infront of the system

infrared is installed in a kiosk. when someone is infront of the infrared beam the software should detect the beam interruption, it should detect that someone is infront of the kiosk and raise an event...
so that it can handle from the PC and can execute the software appropriately

eagerly waiting for the replyies

thank u

Don't you think in using a microcontroller to do it? or you really mean to interface with PC?

If you want to use PC interface, there're many IR Rx circuits to interface w/ PC via UART interface,

Here's one: http://lnx.manoweb.com/lirc/

For the Software, you will find in the link above another links to many Softwares that you can easily use....

I hope that helps,
Ahmad

Hello Ahmad

thanks for the reply that link is very helpful

i need a Infrared device to detects motion of the human person if any person blocking the data that i can handle with the software to execute other application i am not looking for the data tramsmit its like security device where there lots of security devices like intruders they use in home applicances just i want to interface that with the computer by n using com ports so that if any person passes in front of the monitor i can count by system or if any person comes and stand infront of the system so that i can execute particular software for the marketing

like this excatly but this we can't interface this with Pc

**broken link removed**
this will detect the motions of human and raise the sound excatly i need this by using com port i canf activate any software

i need help desperately

waiting for the reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back