Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Infrared light though Calcium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie_Brown

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!
I would like to know if the infrared light of a led would pass through CaCO3. I would like to "see" the inside of an egg and CaCO3 is the basic compound.
Thanks

what about ultrasonics?

I have done some experiment using IR led to view an egg of a duck. My technique is,
- use 12 IR led in matrix configuration.
- Give about 30mA for each led.
- Shield half of the egg with with aluminum foil.
- Take a picture with IR film (shutter speed 1/60, aperture 5.6).
And I can the egg yolk, but its not clear.

Wow that's clear. Mine is a bit less contrast. Maybe because the density of the yolk and the... other yucky smelly thing that i don't know the name in English, is about the same. Do you remember the apperture and the speed of the shutter?

rikie_rizza said:
Wow that's clear. Mine is a bit less contrast. Maybe because the density of the yolk and the... other yucky smelly thing that i don't know the name in English, is about the same. Do you remember the apperture and the speed of the shutter?
That picture was done with a CCD camera and a lot of tricks that I can't write about (the photo itself is public though).

Although I am not an expert, you can try a digital camera to take the picture in a dark or very low light room.
The CCD of all digital cameras is sensitive to IR and even to UV-A.

Personaly, I test the IR remote controls whether they transmit by viewing the IR LED through the cameras LCD. It glows blue on the screen. Almost always I do tests of remote controls with my mobile phone's camera and it is very reliable.

So, with the setup you stated before, you can use a digital camera instead of a film one and just play with thw apperture speed. Use manual settings since the camera's meter cannot measure IR light reliably.

Anyway, it is a nice idea to take such kind of pictures, I would appreciate if in the future you can post some photos.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back