Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

infrared communication ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asic1984

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

i want to connect two mirocontrollers together using infrared ,one circuit will be in a rotating cylinder by a way that it will be always in the same direction of the axis of transmission ,the other circuit will be fixed and connected to the pc with serial port

can u suggest an infrared transmitter/receiver that contains seial port interface or that i can connect it easily with microicontroller

thanks for help

hi

use mcp2155(IR Encoder/Decoder) if u need more details see the link

**broken link removed**

hi

thanks too much for your help ,but i donnot wanna use the irda protocol , i will make a simple one ......i just need the led that transmit and that is receiving ...
i will implement any simple protocol between them

do i need just the TFDS4500 diode ?

thanks for help

hi

what is the data rate possible of a simple infrared Led ?

thanks for help

hi

you can use TSOP1738 38 kHz IR receiver for your application

hi

is it possible that i connect an infrared led to rs232 transmitter pin on a pic and receive the signal with infrared receiver in another pic in the rs232 receiver pin

thanks for help

hi

do i need to connect 555 timer to the trasmitter circuit between the microcontroller(RS232 TX) and the infrared led ?

thanks for help ?

on the transmitter side the 555 is used to generate square wave of 38khz.but i think if we connect the IR led to microcontroller without 555, we can generate a frequency of
38khz from the microcontroller i.e if using 8051 it can be easily done using timers.
but may be it will be not accurate.
on the receiver side TSOP1738 is commonly used.

hi

thanks too much for your reply and help

i will connect the pic (rs232 TX) to the 555 circuit to transmit the data

in the receiver circuit .......i will connect the outpout pin from the IR receiver to the (RS232 RX ) will this work ? ....... i mean the byte i send in the transmitter will be directly read by the receiver circuit ....or is there any thing i should do

thanks

i dont think that serial communication will work in this way.
visit the link
**broken link removed**

hi...

As I know you can't use directly UART serial output of PIC to transmit through IR Tx.

one draw back is the receiver cannot recognizes the baud rate higher then 2400.

another one is output from the serial pin is simple high and low signal 0 to 5v, it is difficult to decode at receiver.

you have to use Manchester code for good result :idea:

regards
aar :D

Status
Not open for further replies.