Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Info about CPW design in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

maria fernanda

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Are there any examples about CPW using HFSS?.

I think port_tutorial_CPW.ppt attached is good. It explains the design of the CPW in HFSS. However I had problems defining integration lines and E Field do not go from strip line to ground side planes.

Please could someone email me some information about this.

thanks a lot.

mfcordoba@hotmail.com

cpw field distribution

Wave port definition is tricky in HFSS. Too big wave port often gives you wrong field distribution therefore wrong impedance and modes... I had to make a wave-port rectangle for the CPW a little bit smaller than suggested in the port_tutorial_CPW document...

field cpw lines

rfmw is right.. u have to play with the dimensions of the waveport a little bit. Be sure to check the impedance using "port only" simulations before you go to the full fledged design.
Ananth.

cpw fields

I tried an structure with CPW, but the result was too good to believe, maybe something wrong with the waveport dimensions.
But I still dont understand what does the field distribution of the waveport look like? Could anyone explain this to me?
Thanks

port_tutorial_cpw

thanks alot , it really helpful

coplanar waveguide via placement

There are numerous posts on this site discussing CPW transmission lines. Search on it and you will find plenty of discussion.

Getting the port to the appropriate shape and size is just the start of the fun.

CPW lines are "mode rich" adding to the confusion. Make sure you are evaluating the mode you expect (display port fields). The on line help has a useful page on impedance calculation and I recommend you read it carefully as you may want to use other than the default calculation form.

You may want to consider modal vs terminal wave ports to excite your model.

I like to double check my results with an independent calculator like Polar Si9000. Not that I think that one is better, it just helps me figure out when I am lost in the weeds.

You may also need to consider via placement and size.

This can take some effort to work through. Good Luck.

cpw transmission

hi, Azulykit,

I am a freshman of HFSS. I'm trying it to simulate a CPW transmission line.
Could you explain a little bit on the differences between modal and terminal wave ports?

Thanks!

cpw ads example

Hi guys

thanx for what u do here.

I really need some of these tutorials for example this CPW one attached here and i cant download it for not having enough points.

could u pls get rid of this system of points? u cant put limit on science. it just doesnt make sense. so pls remove it so that people like me can easily use these stuff.

thanx :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back