Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inductor meter, physical principles

Status
Not open for further replies.

sec

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
make inductor meter

Hi, I would like to make an inductor meter.
my circuit is just a mosfet driver 6A driving an inductor with a square wave and a resistor to sense the current. The frequency may go up to 1MHz. I got op-amp to output the differntial voltage and current (these a rated 3,9GHz) and they (drive) my digital scope because the impedance of the op-amp are higher then my scope at this frequency. the sample will then be treat un Excell. After taht, what is the best way to analyse the output wave form to determine the value of the inductor?

Maybe do some fast fourier transform?

I will need your help for the math part

Re: Inductor meter

here is my circuit

Kindly let me know the status of your Henry Meter. I am very much interested in knowing the results of it. Even i am also planning to make one for my work.

It's cute but I think your barking up the wrong tree. Try using two of those amps and a cap to make a L/C oscillator use a much smaller fet a diode and a R/C to make the gain of one amp drop as voltage increases and two R's to fix the gain of the other amp. You should get a sine wave it's period will tell the value of the coil you can find the formula for L/C vs freq in the "radio amateur's handbook" or better yet just buy a digital multi-meter that uses a variation of this to read coil & cap values :D

Better will be use sinusoidal generator and calculating inductance from amplitudes and phase shifts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back