Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inductance simulation with agilent ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

azannn

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

i want to make a RLC circuit simulation and display the variations of the inductance with frequency (so x axis = freq and y axis = inductance). I made researches on internet but all i got is a sort of S parameters simulation where i can extract the values of inductance. I didn't understood what was S parameters and even more the simulation on these parameters. So i want to ask if there's a direct simulation to display the inductance's variations or it's the only way by using the S parameters ? and how can i use these parameters to reach the inductance's variations ?

Thanks everybody

Falstad's simulator will do what you want, or something like it.

Free to download and use at www.falstad.com/circuit.

As you can see, the scope trace depicts the frequency sweep over time, and the inductor's response. (The Henry value does not change unless you apply unusual conditions.)

The right-hand lissajous figure indicates phase changes as well as amplitude response.

1880969200_1390409651.png

Thanks for replying, indeed it's a great app but i didn't saw where i can display the inductance's variations over the frequency. Further, the sine generator has a limit of 25 KHz, in my case i need to go over 1 GHz :/
thanks for your help

To simulate with frequencies over 25 kHz, you must change the time step to a lesser value. This is done under 'Options >> Other Options.

I set it to .08 p, to handle a sine sweep up to 1000 GHz for a new simulation.

I changed the coil to 600pH. As you can see, the rolloff curve resembles the one in post #2.

Falstad's does not simulate an inductor's variations in Henry value due to frequency (or temperature, skin effect, etc.). However there may be a simulator which is sophisticated enough to do what you want.

1209027000_1390508422.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back