Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inductance / Quality Factor formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

zuna

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am interested to find out the inductance and quality factor of an inductor by designing a trace of metal and then doing EM simulation in ADS using two ports. For this I found one formula for finding Zdiff as:

Zdiff = [Z(1,1) + Z(2,2)] - [Z(1,2) + Z(2,1)]

and then using Qdiff = imag(Zdiff)/(real(Zdiff) to find quality factor.

Can any one please help and guide me from where the Zdiff equation is derives.

Thank you

Last edited:

Read this article first.
It was very worth sharing. Please share any data that could help to understand differential 1-port data from 2-port data conversion procedure to get Zdiff = Z(1,1) – Z(1,2) – Z(2,1) + Z(2,2)

Thank You
--- Updated ---

yes I went through the article and understood the difference between 1 port and 2 port analysis for the inductor design. Actually I am trying to understand Zdiff equation that how it is derived. Might be my question is bit confusing/silly as I am new in this field. I apologize.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back