Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Increasing the size of a 2.4Ghz quarter-wave whip antenna (monopole)..please see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

navienavnav

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The calculated length(height) of a monopole antenna intended for 2.4Ghz is ~3.13cm (quarter-wave). But, suppose I'd like to increase the antenna size, how will that be done? What I am asking is, I had read somewhere that the antenna size should be the order of 1/4th of the wavelength. Is it true? Does that mean that I can use the antenna sizes of 31.3 cm and 313 cm as well?

:oops:

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, Got it. How do I delete my threads on here? Not possible?

The calculated length(height) of a monopole antenna intended for 2.4Ghz is ~3.13cm (quarter-wave). But, suppose I'd like to increase the antenna size, how will that be done? What I am asking is, I had read somewhere that the antenna size should be the order of 1/4th of the wavelength. Is it true? Does that mean that I can use the antenna sizes of 31.3 cm and 313 cm as well?

:oops:

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, Got it. How do I delete my threads on here? Not possible?

Any length of such antenna can radiate. The quarter-wave antenna only has known impedance and a good radiation pattern. Longer antennas usually have a different input impedance and more lobes in the radiation pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back