Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Import DXF file to the Alegro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aymansh

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
When I am importing Big DXF (contain a big number of lines) file in the Alegro the Software not responding and halt?

I want to Know if there is any Special technique must be used in the importing of this File

it is also a problem to me i try to import DXF fill to allegro or layout but it halt.

so any one can tell me the way to import image file (BMP,..) to layout or to allegro

1) Before importing map the dxf file layers.

2) Sometimes, because of extremely thin line widths in dxf file, it may take some time to process the dxf file while trying to map with the respective layers.

I would like to ask you a few questions at this point.

a) Did you create a board outline/package keep in area before importing the dxf file into allegro? If not, try creating a board outline and importing the dxf file.

b) Go to set up -->preferences and check for the import options there.

c) Even if it still fails to be imported, then please send your board layout and the dxf file to cadence support.

Taking a wild guess, it might be a problem because of the complicated shape of the dxf file and also the think line widths used (almost 0 mil) in the dxf.

We cannot import bitmap file directly into Allegro. That facility is not available yet.
If you have ghostscript software, you can save bmp file into a dxf file and import it into allegro. Even if this does not work...if you have autocad..paste the bmp file in to autocad and save it as a dxf file and import it into allegro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back