Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Implement 10.000 Cores in GPU, each making arithmetic equation, is possible to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujeto_1

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm choosing the path to make my Thesis. Please let me know your opinion about if this how feasible and convenient to do.

I wish to implement 10.000 Cores, each calculating parallel and independently an equation (just as example) like this : A = B^2 + 1 / C where A, B and C are real positive numbers: 1.38, 0.459988,

when all 10.000 cores finish, they communicate with each other in a simple "torus" network to summarize their results; and start again.

Roughly, can you say this makes sense to do it in CUDA? Using a GPU, how difficult would it be to implement? My programming skills are good (assembly, C), but I have never worked with CUDA or GPUs, I'm not sure about the Technology limitations and so.

Finally, do you know a forum more apropiated for CUDA beside NVIDIA website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back