Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Impedance & Resistance in terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajaram04

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello sir
Please clarify about whats the actual & practical diffrence between impedance & resistance ?

Hello sir
Please clarify about whats the actual & practical diffrence between impedance & resistance ?

if u consider ideal wire, it has no capacitance or inductance.so its impedance is same as resistance.
but for practical wire this is not the case.
wire has some capacitance and inductance.so reactant will change. hence impedance and resistance will be different.

ohh woww thats a preety nice answer in my carrer . thanks a lot sir now i got the practical sence :)

so actually what is a reactance practically ?

ohh woww thats a preety nice answer in my carrer . thanks a lot sir now i got the practical sence :)

so actually what is a reactance practically ?

if any wire has capacitance is C then capacitive reluctance is (1/(2*pi*f*C));
if any wire has capacitance is L then capacitive reluctance is (2*pi*f*L);

impedence Z= R+ (capacitive reactance - inductive reactance);

kkk whats the meaning of reactance & reluctance in definition form ?
its only formula or expression we can say

Impedance can be thought of as an opposition to the flow of electricity -- it opposes electrical current. It has a linear part (resistance) and a nonlinear part (reactance). So, when you say "impedance" you're really talking about the effects of both reactance and resistance.

The nonlinear component of impedance (Reactance) is caused by capacitors and inductors. The linear component of impedance (Resistance) is caused by resistors.

My definition of reluctance would sound too much like text from a physics book, so I'll let someone else take that one.

hmm why we called linear & non-linear ? how it suits the property ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back