Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Image via HDMI using SPARTAN 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zuhaib

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have a .jpeg image. I converted it into a raw r,g,b image. After that I converted it into a hex file. I am using that file as an input and want to view the image via HDMI output port onto the monitor. I am using the demo XAPP495 .PDF document and modified the module hdlcolorbar.v, The modified code is:

module hdcolorbar(
input i_clk_74M, //74.25 MHZ pixel clock
input i_rst,

input [10:0] i_vcnt, //vertical counter from video timing generator
input [10:0] i_hcnt, //horizontal counter from video timing generator

output wire[7:0] o_r,
output wire[7:0] o_g,
output wire[7:0] o_b,
input wr_e
);

wire addr2;

videoram video_inst (
.r (o_r),
.b (o_b),
.g (o_g),
.clk (i_clk_74M),
.rst (i_rst),
.addr (addr2),
.we (wr_e)
);

assign addr2 = i_vcnt[3:0]*16+i_hcnt[3:0];

endmodule

The video ram block is:

module videoram(clk, we, addr, din, r, b, g, rst);
input clk;
input rst;
input we;
input [7:0] addr;
input [23:0] din;

output reg[7:0] r;
output reg[7:0] g;
output reg[7:0] b;

reg [23:0] ram [0:255];

initial
begin
$readmemh("test.rbg",ram);
end

always @(posedge clk)
begin
if (rst)
begin
r <= 0;
g <= 0;
b <= 0;
end
else if (we)

ram[addr] <= din;
begin
r<=ram[addr][23:16];
g<=ram[addr][15:8];
b<=ram[addr][7:0];
end
end

endmodule

And in the vtc_demo.v, I have only modified the hdlcolorbar module as:

hdcolorbar clrbar(
.i_clk_74M(pclk),
.i_rst(reset),
.i_hcnt(bgnd_hcount),
.i_vcnt(bgnd_vcount),

.o_r(red_data),
.o_g(green_data),
.o_b(blue_data)
);

I have successfully synthesized the code that is there is no error in the code but it doesn't show any image. The image is 16x16. Can anyone have the idea where the problem is?

Regards

Just curious if you have included the UCF file with your project? Usually when I do not get any response from the FPGA it is because I have not included valid UCF file with the source code.

Also, where do you want the image to appear? Center, repeated, stretched...etc? If you want to center the image, then check when the count reaches the center (plus or minus half of the width/height of the object) so that you can start drawing the object. In other words you assert data enable when this condition is met. You would draw the object from the center (call it x,y) and offset it to the object dimensions (x-8, y-8) up to (x+8, y+8). It seems like you are taking the lower 4 bits from the horizontal/vertical counters and using it to output to the monitor which might or might not be your intent.

Also where are you including the memory file in your directory when you implement your design?

Finally, what is your desired resolution?

Hope this helps.

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back