Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

illegal weak connection warning in layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junus2012

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am designing serial shift register, I have noticed after the 16 bit length the Cadence "Check against Source" in Layout GXL tool give me connectivity warning about illegal week connection.
However my design passed successfully the DRC and the LVS and the post layout simulation is running perfectly.

But I am not sure if this warning is harmful or I can live with it

Please see the attached image, I have traced one of the weak connection

Best Regards
2.png

Some kits flag connections made through poly or diffusions as "weak". Whether they add much "weakness" to a near minimum width transistor's drive, is a question that the flag is meant to focus you on.

Weak connection through psub or nwell for supplies would be bad. 10 ohms of silicided poly jumper might be a good layout trade if it removes a met2 routing blockage in a std cell. In that case representing the region as a PDK blessed resistor might be the path to clean reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back