Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

If i see congestion through AOI or OAI cells, making it discrete AND OR INVERTER cells will improve the congestion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Girija_123

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Will you please let me know If i see congestion through AOI or OAI cells, making it discrete AND OR INVERTER cells will improve the congestion?

do you know the difference between pin access and congestion? I think that is what the interviewer was hinting at...

Disaggregating functions that have wide input fields, lets
the router pick from more options during placement.
Like, (2+3+2) all at min pitch is more of a "wall" than
2 here, 3 there, 2 over there with routable gaps between.

Disaggregating functions that have wide input fields, lets
the router pick from more options during placement.
Like, (2+3+2) all at min pitch is more of a "wall" than
2 here, 3 there, 2 over there with routable gaps between.
True. What you are describing is limited pin access. But if you suffer from generalized congestion problems in your design, having more discrete gates will usually not help. You would potentially increase the total wirelength.

some std cell library provide cell with the pins access is quite challenging for the processor, one best way is to mark these cells as dont_use during synthesis and PnR.

some std cell library provide cell with the pins access is quite challenging for the processor, one best way is to mark these cells as dont_use during synthesis and PnR.
this is also true. in some libraries, cells with difficult pin access come pre-marked as dont_use by the library provider. of course, these cells tend to be very efficient, so not using them may degrade performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back