Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IE3D simulation warning message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fractalguy

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
"Minimum forced meshing occurs between(x,y,z)-(a,b,c) with size y mm <(z mm)Are you sure you want to continue?"

Please explain the technical meaning of this .If I continue I get correct simulated results or not?I get the desired frequencies.What does this warning indicate?

I once got the same warning and this is what an expert told me :

jian said:
Hi, Aze: this message means that you have created 2 vertices on a polygon very close to each other. It may cause small cells in the meshing. At the extreme, the small cells may cause numerical instabiity. However, the limit is an artificially chosen one. Normally, if the min distance is not below about 3 orders of the limit, it should be ok because IE3D is very stable and it is not very senstive to ill conditioned meshing.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.