Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ideas Tsunami Detector Project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logendran

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Ideas For Tsunami Detector Project?

Hello Every Genius..

I decided to do Tsunami detector as my final year career project.
Any ideas to implement it?
Give me suggestions to do this project.
And am new here and also for doing projects.
Please help me !! Thank you!

Last edited:

Tsunami events are strongly related to earthquake.
In order to define precise position to the origin region, I guess you must measure diffrent points, in order to determine source in a 2D map.

+++

Tsunami events are strongly related to earthquake.
In order to define precise position to the origin region, I guess you must measure diffrent points, in order to determine source in a 2D map.

+++

There is no "tsunami detector" in existence. Tsunami is created under special conditions:
-the earthquake must occur in the sea floor or ocean floor, to move big water mass
- as the water mass moves across the sea, it can only become a tsunami if the shore is smooth under water, so the water mass is pushed high over the shore. If the underwater shore is abrupt like a cliff, no tsunami occurs, the water-mass wave is reflected away without rising high.

Recently, tsunami warnings are issued by a large organization of seismic observatories that can detect earthquakes strong enough to cause a tsunami. Also, satellites can monitor sea surface and detect waves caused by huge water movement. Territories with "suitable" shore profiles can be selected, and population warned as the water-mass wave propagates typically at ~160 km/hour.

At locations that are potentially prone to a tsunami, simple water gauges can detect a "fast" level decline as a precursor to a tsunami. Water level declines and sea water leaves the shore fast away from the land. Such observation may be automated by a video processing of a local scene, to detect water movement other than a typical tide. If well designed, such warning system can be low-cost and effective, with minutes given to the population for evacuation.

I think Tsunami detector should have sensors on open seas, where sensors monitor massive water oscillations on different water deepth and surface. Sensors should be monitored over satellite.

Tsunami is not only caused by nature as consequence of earthquake, it can be man made.

Military of one big country plans '44-'45 to destroy all cities on one country coast, as alternative to nuclear bomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.