Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ideas on pure analogy QRS detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

biomed_man

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
qrs detector

Hey,

Does anyone have any ideas on how to design a pure analogy QRS detector?

was thinking of something like this.....

Say if R peak = 1mV
With both P and T <1mV
Assume a gain of around 1000 with the ECG amp output.

Use a multiplier to multiply out the P and T to nothing, with no change in the QRS wave. I.e. Vin^4 = Vout

Then a half wave rectifier and a comparator to flatten out the pulse, and give it the +5V characteristics.

Is there a simpler way?

simple qrs detection code

use a software QRS detection!

Its easy to do. If you need code tell me! Its the tompkins QRS detector

why qrs detection

excuse me i need tompkins QRS detector

The hardware way to do that is a peak detector---in the old days was usually done with an op-amp **broken link removed**- analgous to a noise gate in the audio world - uses the R wave as a trigger if you want like a TTL pulse. In the old days this would drive a rate meter that would average over 8-16 beats. The downside to the hardware method is that tall T waves as is the case with hyperkalemia tend to double count and throw the HR off. Better to do in software but then it gets complicated in many ways. There is actually an open source QRS detector out there at http://www.eplimited.com/software.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.