Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ICD2 clone not detecting PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

pareshic4u

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all
I have made PCB using file attached with this. My ICD2 clone is correctly connecting but below errors are showing:

Running ICD Self Test
... Failed Self Test. See ICD2 Settings (Programmer->Settings) (status tab) for details.
MPLAB ICD 2 ready for next operation

I have checked all connection but it all ok.
Seting tab shows that VDD is low.

Also when some times it is all ok it not detecting PIC. Also its MCLR is always high(13V).
Thanks

Hi
Now my pic is detected, But I am not able to program. Whenever I try to program below message is generated:
Programming Target...
...Validating configuration fields
...Erasing Part
...Programming Programming Executive
...Verifying Programming Executive
...Programming Program Memory (0x0 - 0xE7F)
Verifying...
ICDWarn0052: MPLAB ICD 2 cannot validate a target device. Please make sure that the target device is connected and properly powered. Select "OK" to continue, or "CANCEL" to abort the operation
...Program Memory
ICD0161: Verify failed (MemType = Program, Address = 0x0, Expected Val = 0x40100, Val Read = 0x0)
ICD0275: Programming failed.
MPLAB ICD 2 ready for next operation

I have found that Target MCLR is always at 12V. Will it be at that?

Verify if the uC is corect connected to the ICD2.
Check also if the uC is connected all the time to ICD2 and you don't have poor connections.

Sometime ago I have problem with the socket were uC was inserted. After change the socket the programming was succesfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.