Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC610 license start-up script?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emax00

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have managed to install ic610 on CentOS 6.4 and everything seems to work fine after manually starting the license server with “limi” command defined as alias in .bashrc which looks like this:

##################################################
alias lmli='/home/eda/ic610/tools/bin/lmgrd -c /home/eda/ic610/share/license/license.dat'
export OA_HOME=/home/eda/ic610/OA
export CDS_ROOT=/home/eda/ic610
export MMSIM_ROOT=/home/eda/mmsim61
export CDS_LIC_FILE=5280@localhost
export LM_LICENSE_FILE=$CDS_ROOT/share/license/license.dat
export CDS_Netlisting_Mode=Analog
export PATH=$MMSIM_ROOT/tools/bin:$MMSIM_ROOT/tools/spectre/bin:$CDS_ROOT/tools/bin:$CDS_ROOT/tools/dfII/bin:$PATH
alias cdsbook='$CDS_ROOT/tools/bin/cdsdoc'
##################################################
I followed the original instructions from here:
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/148317/

But I want to start the license server automatically either using a script after boot or at boot time.

Someone told me it is possible to edit /etc/init.d and linking /etc/rc3.d to achieve this but don't know how to do that. Can anyone help?

Also there is an issue mentioned in the same post (reply #6) that after editing LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment and invoking "source .bashrc" and using commands "killall lmgrd", "lmli", "virtuoso" there could be a license error... can some please elaborate this?

I cannot offer any advice specific to ic610 as I am not familiar with it.

However, to run a script automatically at system startup, a commonly used option would be to create a script with the following:

Code:
/home/eda/ic610/tools/bin/lmgrd -c /home/eda/ic610/share/license/license.dat

And then add it to the rc.local script, which I believe on CentOS is located:

/etc/rc.d/rc.local

Or you could simply add the above command line directly to rc.local.

If you create your own script you will need to ensure there is a shebang at the top of the file:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

And grant it proper execution permissions.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.