Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC5 Transfer file between Linux and Unix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

benny16

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i have a question about IC 5.

If i design a set of cellview, symbol and layout in IC 5 for Linux, how can i copy to Unix IC 5 ? Is it use stream in/out to transfer that ? Which file externsion need to copy ?

Thanks
Benny

tar the files in a archive, then copy it to Unix and un-tar this archive.

Sorry, because i'm a beginner of layout, can you tell me more clear which file extension need to tar ?

Thanks
Benny

This is not about you are a beginner or expert in layout, it is about how do you know systax in the UNIX base!

try to seacrh for 'tar -help', UNIX will list all the syntax do you need to tar or un-tar the files! It's like zipping and extracting the files, like Winzip in Windows base! :p

benny16 said:
If i design a set of cellview, symbol and layout in IC 5 for Linux, how can i copy to Unix IC 5 ? Is it use stream in/out to transfer that ? Which file externsion need to copy ?

all data are c@dence format. it's depend c@dence tool, not depend platform that you use.

so, you can make a package & copy it to anywhere. unless you want import them to other tools.

You can tar the file , the untar teh flies to your platform , that we can run IC50 in Linux or unix

for compressing:
tar -cvf your-target-tar-file.tar your-wanted-directory

for decompressing:
tar -xvf your-tar-file.tar -C target-directory

PS: u can add z after - sign to compress or decompress gz files!
BEST!

use cp to copy it directly !!
if your linux and unix can talk with network!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back