Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC Design Engg. Qualification

Status
Not open for further replies.

agrawalyogesh04

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Presently completing my BE in Electronics & Tele-Communication Engg. I am interested to pursue a career in the designation of an IC Design Engg. I am interested to know the qualification and all the additional experience needed for the same.

What all courses are expected?
Which are the things that are expected from an IC Design Engg.(additional knowledge)?
:|

know some digital logic and some knowledge about semiconductor device.

hello agarwal

Try to get soem books relate to digital design, and now u have to decide whether u want to go towards front end r back end. font end u r involved at programint at RTL level with HDL, but at back end u should knw diff tools which start from RTL design in VHDL r Verilog and finally goes through untill tape out..

suresh

Sir, is the job of an IC Design Engg. satisfied with the back end or front end design? Are there any additional requirements? Please help:?:

hello Agarwal ..

Please do not be so formal by calling sir. Well u will be called as IC design engineer even if u have knowlege of either front r back end. Now u have to choose if u want to for analog, digital r mixed signals .. so based on this u can choose ur career ,

suresh

Thanks!!! I being very much interested to build a career in VLSI field am totally new to the field. I want to know the exact tree diagram of the VLSI field. For example, the tree diagram of an Engg. Graduate would be as:
First level: Engg.
Second Level: Electronics (Civil, Mechanical, Production, Chemical, Computer Science, Information Technology, Oils, Paints, Instrumentation,..... (110 branches roughly))
Third Level: VLSI Engg. (Communication Engg., Embedded System Engg., etc.)
Fourth Level:???????

How further a career in VLSI is classified? :?: What are the specializations available to a VLSI Engg.? :?: Which are the job opportunities? and so on and on.... I would be very much thankful for your reply.

Please do help a budding engg. find his pathway in a right direction...:D:D:D

Yes!!! That really helped clear the clouds a bit... But still thinking I am still unable to locate the residence of an IC Design Engg. Please help :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back