Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need small dc motor control circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

diegomaradona

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I have circuit which runs small dc motor. I am using that motor for stirring the water in electrolysis. Problem is that motor is working constantly and I need it to work with pauses, half minute of stirring and about ten minutes of pause and so on. I have speed regulation in that circuit, just need that motor does not working constantly because constant stirring is slowing down electrolysis.Motor now operates on 5V (regulated with lm7805) but if you have circuit for solving my problem that demands higher voltage I can replace it with lm7809 or 7812 max. If any of you have idea how to solve the problem please help.

For small periods of time you may use directly a ‘555’ circuit, but in this case I think it’s preferable to add another circuit like CD4020/CD4040= ‘14-Stage Ripple Carry Binary Counters’.
Time ON/OFF selections are made by changing the output jumpers.

---------- Post added at 15:28 ---------- Previous post was at 15:23 ----------

Another possibility to use a CD4060 like here:

Electronics timer by CD4060

The schematics need to have an additional reset after preset period of time, in order to turn ON/OFF circuit automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.