Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need Help in two stage amplifier desgin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kongququ

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I design a two stage amplifer
The first stage is telescopic
The second stage is common source.
I use trans command to see the waveform of second stage output.
The waveform seems pretty good.
But when I observe the output of the first stage.
The waveform is so bad。
I realy do not know the reason why the first stage is so bad.
All the transistor is work in Sat region.
And I use two cmfb. one for first stage, one for second stage.

Thank you very muckvsdafdsf

Can you post your circuit as well? Maybe that will be a little bit easy to find the reason.

I guess u should check the phase margin of the CMFB circuit to make sure that the cm voltage stable.
You can try first.

I guess the CMFB for the first stage does not have enough phase margin.

What do you mean the first output is bad ?
I think that if the common mode voltage of first stage is not within the second stage input common mode range , the second stage will not work normally . So some transistors will be out of saturate region . In the mean while , the first stage is telescope topolog , the output range is narrow , so the signal amplitude shoud is small , it shoud look good if the amplifier work normally.

May be you simulate it with .tran with close loop feedback .

In another way , you shoud simulate it with unit gain feedbak, then look the waveform .

To reltol1,
How to measure gain and phase margin of CMFB ? Would you post a spice example file here ?

I will post my schematic.
Who can tell what's wrong.
Many thanks!
My main amplifer.

commom mode feedback

xwcwc1234 said:
To reltol1,
How to measure gain and phase margin of CMFB ? Would you post a spice example file here ?

simply cut the feedback and input ac signal to the CMFB at the close bias point. The load is directly connect the main amp. I don't have an example..... Try it.

Is this method can apply to all CMFB type , no matter SC or continuous ?

The open loop generate the nonlinear when simluating.

This is generly named "gain nonlinear" or present low distortion.

If you simlulate it with close loop , the distortion will be disappear because of the feedback effect. So i suggest u simulate it with close loop.

You use two cmfb in one opamp, is it ok? Will cmfb beating or conflicting happen?

hi, as your schematic shown
i guess the compensation cap between the two stages introduces a RHP zero in both CM and DM situations, which should make the phase margin worse. so i suggest you do a pole-zero analysis and check this zero.

youyang

Can you post your simulation result? What does the bad waveform exactly mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.