Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need general information about touch panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

atm

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
touch panel

hi
i need general information about touch panel specially about
1-software
2-cost
3-I/O
4-can I use atouch panel in communication with plc
thanks in advance

Re: touch panel

I think Siemens has this kind of product meeting you requirements, I have ever used it, it is very easy and not expensive, I used it as GUI panel to moniotr the PLC which contorl some actuators

first thanks for your reply
can i save some values from PLC &monitor it whenever i want?
i mean with serial port (RS232C).
it would be very helpful if you can give me more information about it specially about programming PLC for working with serial port .
Ican't find any useful doc for this problem&I really need it
thanks a lot.

I think you can monitor PLC through touch panel whenever you want, actually "monitor" is the main function of touch panel, often instored in instrial field and make it easy to operate for worker. as to save data, I think touch panel is not a good solution, you may save some event or alarm data but not too much.
when using Siemens touch panel(I have only used this one) , they provide a intergated develop software, you can implement your application in the host computer and then "download" to the touch panel, very easy, it is a kind of configuration software.
you can search Siemens products: OP7 or TP7 ,maybe you can get some useful information.

touch panel

You have two choices:
1) Make a simple circuit to interface with raw touchpad, and this cuicirt can be programmed to communicate with your PLC.

2) Buy product from market, Siemens is a good choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back