Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i am confused about the ganged capacitor pinout

Status
Not open for further replies.

mk16820

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am confused about how to use ganged capacitor in circuits i.e, which pin should be connected to which terminal . simplefm_schematic.gif
fm_capacitor_gang.jpg

plz help ......

I think from the capacitor photo that the capacitor center pin corresponds to the common connection between C3A and C3B. The other two
connections can be connected either way round, it doesn't matter for your circuit - i.e. it doesn't matter if
C3A and C3B are accidentally swapped round.

It looks an interesting circuit. Do report back on the results : )

there are two pins at centre of capacitor ,,so how they are connected to the common connection between C3A and C3B....
"i think that first we have to join both centre pins and then connected to the common connection between C3A and C3B"
is my answer right??

Sorry, you're right, hard to see from that photo. Yes, in that case, join the two center pins together, and they become the common connection.

That "common" connection in the centre is actually connected to the spindle, so in that circuit, when you touch the knob on the spindle you will be adding extra capacity across the bottom capacitor. Just use one section of the variable capacitor, WITH THE CENTRE CONTACT earthed, and wire a fixed 68Pf in series with it.
Frank

Ah, good points! : ) Been a while since I used a variable cap. Memories of frequency drift come flooding back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back