Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HSIM verilog simulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

always@smart

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hsim manual

Hi all,

i've already synthesized the verilog RTL, and i got the netlist in verilog format.

i have the the tech lib in transistor level and i've tried to v2s the netlist to spice (i'm not too sure if i convert it properly or not)

Now, can someone tell me how to simulate verilog/spice netlist and verilog testbench in HSIM? (I've read the HSIM manual, it seems that i need NCverilog to do co-simulation, but i do not have NC-vlog).

Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.

regards,
smart

hsim verilog

hi all,

one more thing, what bout the .sdf (standard delay file) how can i add the delay info(sdf) and simulate with netlist(verilog/spice) and testbench(verilog) using HSIM?

hope someone who has done this before can shed me some light...... :?

thanks in advnce.

regards,

smart

hsim v2s

>sdf file is created by extraction tool such as StarRCXT. They are called post layout simulation

hsim verilog cosim

i have already generated the .sdf file from the PnR tool, i wanna know how do i simulate the verilog netlist, and verilog testbench and also adding the .sdf using HSIM? is it possible?

can anyone tell me?

thanks in advnce

regards,
smart

hsim vector

P&R should be the final step of your design. after you get the physical implementation of your design, you want to check if the parasitic R and C of your layout affect much to your design, you should run simulation again with the spdf netlist with hsim or starsimxt. this format is very much lok like hspice format.

hsimvectorfile example

vcs and verlog a can do mixed-mode simulation
CAN HSIM do it ???

how to include dspf in a spice netlist

troops said:
vcs and verlog a can do mixed-mode simulation
CAN HSIM do it ???
Vcs and Verilog can't ! Mixed Mode Simulation is a kind of simulation that can accept Spice netlist and RTL type netlist as Verilog and VHDL.
Yes, Hsim advertise that it can

verilog spice cosimulation

Hsim can receive a DSPF/SPEF file as back-annotation file.You can read the manual of hsim ,In ths manual ,you will find a chapter to descripe post layout back annotation.
BTW: In vcsmx and modelsim ,mixed signals indicate verilog and vhdl mixed simulaton,but not digital and analog mixed signal.
But synopsys tools vcs and nanosim can complete analog/digital signal simulation.
I dont know in cadence there is the same platform like synopsys .

v2s hsim

It is possible to simulate very large netlists in HSIM, therefore you need not probably do the mixed mode simulation. The flow is:
Translate your Verilog netlist to the transistor one. v2s is ok for it
Include your libraries in the top level circuit.
Example:
.INCLUDE <path_to_your_lib>/scell_lib.spice
.INCLUDE <path_to_your_lib>/your_memory.spice
Include your DSPF or SPEF file(s)
.param HSIMSPF=<path_to_your_dspf>/your_file1.dspf
.param HSIMSPF=<path_to_your_dspf>/your_file2.dspf
(you might decide to split the dspf if the size exceeds 2GB)
Include your stimuli obtained from your Verilog simulation
Example:
.param HSIMVECTORFILE=<path_to_your_test_vectors>/test.txt

That is all. Note that simulation including parasitics requires quite a lot of memory.
You should probably use the 64-bit version of the HSIM if you need more than
2.2GB RAM.

The vectors in the tabular format has to be reformatted to the format required by the HSIM. This is somehow described in the Manual. There are options I have used.

signal <list of ports>
radix <spec of groups>
io <input/output def>
mask <input, output other mask def>
period
tskip
;
slope
delay
resistance
logichv
logiclv
;
<cycle_number> <your_vector>

hsimvectorfile mask

You can refer to cosim note in HSIM doc dir. This file described the cosim method verilog/spice netlist.

hsim vector file example

moorhuhn said:
Include your stimuli obtained from your Verilog simulation
Example:
.param HSIMVECTORFILE=<path_to_your_test_vectors>/test.txt

hi moorhuhn,

can you tell me how do u actually convert the verilog testbench to spice? i've tried to use "v2s" to convert, but i got error too many errors, for ex:
1. #100 for delay
2. a= 1 assignment
3. pulse_task(a, b) task

any advice?

thanks in advance

regards,
smart

hsim spef output format examle

v2s tool is used to convert your synthesised netlist to spice model for simulation,
not your top RTL testbech.

you can use $fdisplay to write the stimuli vector.such as :

;
signal XCVR_SELECT TERM_SELECT OPMODE[1-0] TX_VALID TX_VALIDH DATA_IN[15-0] VCONTROL_LOADM VCONTROL[3-0] TxBitstuffEnable TxBitstuffEnableH IdPullup ID DpPulldown DmPulldown Tx_Enable_N Tx_DAT Tx_SE0 FsLsSerialMode LS_ENABLE DP DM
radix 1 1 2 1 1 4444 1 4 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
io i i i i i iiii i i i i i i i i i i i i i u u
vih 1.8V
vih 3.3V 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0011
vil 0V
vhth 1.2V
vlth 0.5V
slope 1000ps
delay 3000ns
tunit 1ps
2 0 0 0 0 0 xx00 1 x 1 1 z z 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 x x
83200 1 1 0 0 0 xx00 1 x 1 1 z z 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 x x
83304 1 1 0 0 0 0000 1 0 1 1 z z 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 x x

The detailed information about digital vector file pls read the manual "Digital Vector File"

co-simulation

hi,all
I have a verilog post layout file and want to co simulate in modelsim/hsim (modelsim in top)
but after execute run command i get warning for all of input ports:
Cosim: Warning: cannot find top or bottom supply for interface node 'x'
and wrong answers is generated in wave window (all of the output after some time is 1)
what is wrong?

Re: co-simulation

Salaam Everybody.

I converted my synthesized veriolg code into spice netlist but i have a problem.
Every Cell (subcircuit) has its own VDD and VSS net name,
Code:
XU9 PA n9 X1[0] VDD_dummy47 VSS_dummy48 NAND2_X1
XU8 PA n8 X1[1] VDD_dummy49 VSS_dummy50 NAND2_X1
XU7 PA n7 X1[2] VDD_dummy51 VSS_dummy52 NAND2_X1
XU6 PA n6 X1[3] VDD_dummy53 VSS_dummy54 NAND2_X1
I want all the cells VDD and VSS be connected to the global supply net.
What do you suggest?

Hi all,
recently I use the flow below,I can not make sure that it works correctly,because I dont know if the back-annotated file spef really annotate successfully.
1,use calibre(v2lvs) or hsim (v2s) to change the verilog to spice
2,use star RC extract a spef from the design milkyway library
3,create a top netlist include the subckt,spice module
4,create a test vector file
5,use synopsys XA load the spef,top netlist,vector,and then simulate

In XA log,it told me the spef is 100% successfully annotated the netlist,but I am not sure it is really

BTW,v2lvs and v2s can both works,and i think they are simular,you can see the mannal to use it,it is a complex command

Dear chengmingran
Is it possible explain the flow. I could not understand what is your goal from this flow.
What is spef?

Thanks in advance.
Oveis

Hi oveis,
My goal is to examine the timing and function of my design,then I can see the waveform in each net.
spef stands for "standed parasitic exchange format",which include resistor and capacitance of the interconnect after place&route

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back