Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how wo compile xilinx libray(ise6.1) using MODELSIM!?thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vvsvv

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
please tell me how to comile xilinx library in ISE6.1?

i know that i must use the command "compxlib", but how?

thank u again!

Re: how wo compile xilinx libray(ise6.1) using MODELSIM!?th

hi,

type compxlib -h ... then you get help info on how to use it

compxlib -s mti_se -f virtex:u -l verilog -o c:\tmp

this is for Modelsim SE for the Virtex Chips ... u stands for unisim
language verilog and output dir c:\temp

hope this helps ...

Best to compile all libraries :

CD to ISE root directory

compxlib -s mti_se -f all -l all -o .

Note the "." at the end

Git

The instructions are below. Keep your fingers crossed if the tool is not VITAL2000 compliant (see underneath). Good luck!

delay (delayed by technology)

Running CompXLib from the Project Navigator GUI (6.1i or later)

1. Click the appropriate device (e.g., xcv50-6bg256) in the Sources in Project Window.
2. Right-click Compile HDL Simulation Libraries in the Processes for Source Window.
3. Select Properties.
4. Set the applicable Simulation Library Compiler Properties (click Help for a description of each property).
5. Click OK.
6. Double-click Compile HDL Simulation Libraries in the Processes for Source Window.

NOTE: Only the simulation libraries applicable to the selected device for your project are available for compilation. If you want to compile all Xilinx Simulation Libraries, run CompXLib from the command line (see below) and use the "-f all" option.

Running CompXLib from the Command Line (5.1i or later)

To obtain the usage information, type "compxlib" at a command prompt. Run "compxlib -help" for details.

Examples of using CompXLib with officially supported simulators are provided below. In all examples that do not use the -p option, it is assumed that the environment is set up for the desired simulator.

ModelSim PE (PC example)

This example compiles all of the libraries into the specified directory:
compxlib -s mti_pe -f all -l all -o c:\modeltech_5.6b\xilinx_libs

If multiple versions of ModelSim are installed, point to the desired executable directory:
compxlib -s mti_pe -f all -l all -o c:\modeltech_5.6b\xilinx_libs -p c:\Modeltech_5.6b\win32

6.1i COMPXLIB - "ERROR: Could not open library vital2000 at vital2000: No such file or directory"

General Description:
Using COMPXLIB to compile simulation libraries from the command line results in an error similar to the following:

"ERROR: Could not open library vital2000 at vital2000: No such file or directory
###### C:\Xilinx\vhdl\src\simprims\simprim_Vcomponents_mti.vhd(74): library VITAL2000;
ERROR: C:\Xilinx\vhdl\src\simprims\simprim_Vcomponents_mti.vhd(74): Library vital2000 not found.
###### C:\Xilinx\vhdl\src\simprims\simprim_Vcomponents_mti.vhd(75): use VITAL2000.VITAL_Timing.all;
ERROR: C:\Xilinx\vhdl\src\simprims\simprim_Vcomponents_mti.vhd(75): Unknown identifier: vital2000
###### C:\Xilinx\vhdl\src\simprims\simprim_Vcomponents_mti.vhd(77): package VCOMPONENTS is
ERROR: C:\Xilinx\vhdl\src\simprims\simprim_Vcomponents_mti.vhd(77): VHDL Compiler exiting"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back