Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How we can implement one resistor in standard cmos process?

Status
Not open for further replies.

me_forouzan

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Accurate resistor

Hi

How we can implement one resistor in standard cmos process with good accuracy?
I design one circuit that is sensitive about resistor variation. I know implementing resistors in CMOS process have about 25% tolerance. please help me.

Accurate resistor

Firstly, you can use large size resistor. Such as, w>1um, l>1um, and l/w>2. Large size can avoid poly and SAB variation.
Secondly, you can use parallel resistors.

Accurate resistor

You need good accuracy or matching property?

Re: Accurate resistor

I could optimize my circuit with some special resistor value. But i am worry that if i fubricate this IC ,maybe the value of resistor change and the circuit performance degrade. I want to know can i implement these resistors with some special method that implement resistors accurately.

Accurate resistor

If it is an absolute resistor value that you need to achieve, you will need to use some sort of calibration. If you need a ratio of two resistors, you can get that to almost any accuracy, like 0.1%.

why not use external resistors?

I heared about thin film resistor that can implement very accurate resistor.
Are these kind of resistors implementble in CMOS technology? these kind of resistor need more area or not?

I think they use laser trimming.

Accurate resistor

Don't use resistors, if accuracy is needed. For example if you trie to move the zero in a miller compensation with a resistor you will run into problems. Accuracy is not the only problem, temp variations are also a bad habbit of such things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back