Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use Current Probe

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtMega32

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to use Current Probe in Proteus

I want to measure current and show it on oscilloscope, can someone tell how to use the current probe.

Also i want to show the voltage waveform across a resistor so, how do i connect two wires for voltage difference and show it in oscilloscope

EDIT: Sorry i forgot to mention i am trying to measure it in Proteus

Last edited:

Is the "current probe" you ask about one that is based on measuring the voltage across a resistance or one that picks up the current with an inductive coil as described here: http://www.cappels.org/dproj/aciprobe/ACCurrentProbe.html

I made a slightly modified version with a split coil, so I did not need to disconnect the current carrying conductor from the circuit. Here are some pictures of it:

Figure 1sm.gif

At what frequency does the current oscillate?

John

Sorry i forgot to mention i am trying to measure it in Proteus.
I think for measuring voltage i can connect the two terminals to A and B and then invert B, A+B on channel A would give me the voltage difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back