Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use Altiums PIC Core without using Altium Designer 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lykos1986

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can I use the Altiums PIC Core with out using the Altium Designer 6 but just the Xilinx ISE WebPack

Re: Altiums PIC Core

Hi,

you can find the EDIF-Netlist files of the @ltium FPGA components in the folder \library\edif\vendor\*.zip
(btw: they are compiled with Synplify :wink: )
But these files are password protected.
If you create an @ltium Designer project with PIC core, you can find the *.EDN file within your project folder
after compiling.
Maybe you can use this also with Xilinx ISE. But: Is this allowed?

Regards
MadDog

Altiums PIC Core

why dont you want to use altium designer 6????

Re: Altiums PIC Core

Because I don’t know anything about Altium Designer.

Altiums PIC Core

believe me it is a simple software. the help files are a great place to start. just give it a try and you will see how simple it is to learn the altium software.

i have spent some time with altium DXP 2004 but after i installed xilinx ISE 8.1i i stopped using it because it is not supported by ISE versions above 7.1i

by the way, does altium designer include a C compiler for the PIC core? i remember that the previous version didnt have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back