Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use a nokia battery in sony mp4 handy player ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ak214

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mp4 battery nokia

hello every one .. i actually dont know whr to post my problem but i found this section suitable.
i ve some of the questions related to a cell phone battery nokia/samsung..
1. why these batteries have 3 pins ? two are + and - ve but wch one is third one ?
2. If the middle (third ) pin is for charging ... then what is the need of doing this as my sony player have a smaller lithium battery but with only two pins for charging and discharging both ?
3. Can I use this nokia battery for my player ?? If yes then how to do this ? because i ve only two pins available in my player.
My mp4 battery specifications are - >
3.7v lithium. lasts up to 4 hours.
charger is 300mA . Output 5.7v
while my nokia battery is 3.7v too but charger is 800mA.

So people can anyone tell me how to do this ???

it might be posibble if they have the same pinout. do some search on nokia batteies and the mp4 thn compae their pinouts

These batteries have three pins, one is +, the other is -, and the other is for the phone to determine the battery type (there are several models).

So for your player you will use only + and -

I don't recommend you to charge your battery using your player, because as I mentioned before, depending on the battery type is the charging process.

wht is meaning of battery type ...all are of the same voltage 3.7v and are of ni-cd or of some other types.. i didnt get u actually.
thx

They have the same voltage, some of the main differences are the talktime and stand by times, there are some batteries that have a very short charging time, etc

The phone will select the correct charging process based on the battery type.

Go to the Nokia website and take a look to the different batteries they have

hi,

What dadiddlc said is correct .Please make a note that the battery life depends on the charging current u use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back