Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use 3D FDTD code for 1D problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

confi999

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I have a three dimensional FDTD code. The problem I have for simulation is one dimensional. How can I use this 3D FDTD code for the 1D problem. The 1D problem is like this: in one-dimension half of the problem space is filled with a dielectric medium and the other half is free-space. A plane wave is incident on the dielectric medium from the free-space. I need to calculate the electric field at the free space-dielectric interface. Using this field and the incident field I need to calculate the reflection coefficient (in frequency domain). What modifications do I need to make to the 3D FDTD code for this 1D problem? Do I need to re-write the whole code based on 1D FDTD equations? Please advise. Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back