Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to track the filenames that are moving to another location ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoltarGomes

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

A directory contains 100 files and a folder with 10 files. For some task, i have to move all 10 files to sit along with 100 files, by using command as:

mv ./directory/folder/*.v ./directory.

After perfoming my task on all these 110 files. i want to move processed 10 files (that i bought) to their original location without mentioning filenames explicitly.

how can i do this ? I think i have to track those file names initially and use that info back again afterwards. but help me with some syntax.

Can you create an alias of files or folders? Macintosh lets you do this easily. In Windows you create a shortcut. Linux has its own syntax of course.

Later you just delete the alias without losing the original.

You could make a 'foreach fname(*)' loop in which
any sort of shell-script logic could be applied to
pick files, and you could emit those selected
files' names to a log file and then move them.

foreach() is a lot more flexible & powerful than
simple wildcarding of a single shell command.

Hello,

A directory contains 100 files and a folder with 10 files. For some task, i have to move all 10 files to sit along with 100 files, by using command as:

mv ./directory/folder/*.v ./directory.

After perfoming my task on all these 110 files. i want to move processed 10 files (that i bought) to their original location without mentioning filenames explicitly. omegle xender

how can i do this ? I think i have to track those file names initially and use that info back again afterwards. but help me with some syntax.
thank you my issue has been solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back